So you have your home under contract and are excited about your move.
You are coming into the home stretch of your home sale!
You’ve turned the corner on the last of the hurdles with your buyer’s financing and now it’s time to move. Not only do you need to schedule your movers, you also need to wrap up all the loose ends that come with owning a home. You may not have realized it but over the years you have accumulated a lot of stuff. Plus, you’ve built a whole life around your current home.
To score that run coming down the home stretch, here are a few of the items that you will need to do to wrap up your home sale.
- Transfer or cancel utilities
- Forward mail
- Update addresses with banks, health care providers, insurance, etc.
- Arrange for boarding of pets if necessary
- Set aside critical documents or obtain a safety deposit box
- Alert your employer so they know you will be out
- Return cable box/modem
- Organize keys
- Clean house
- Make sure to have your driver’s license for closing
These are just a few of the things that should be on your list when getting to the end of your home sale.
We also provide a more extensive list in spreadsheet form to help organize your sale and move.
Having a great plan for your home sale can really help alleviate some of the stress of your move. Make sure you can get to the home plate with a successful plan.